Well, THIS is exciting!
You're thinking you might want some help getting your creative self all fired up and ready to roll? Hat's off to you!
I've been coaching creators of all kinds since 2003 and helping you get clear, get brave, and get going on the projects of your heart still thrills me every time.
Here's the thing: your creativity is the bridge between your inner life and your outer contributions. Your creativity is both how you listen to the world around you and how your life speaks back to that world.
So, I applaud you for being ready to devote some attention to exploring who you are as a creator, how your creative work might go more joyfully and effectively, and what it might look like to orchestrate your life so that all your creative selves are honored, nourished, and expressed... I think you're onto something vital and marvelous, and I'd love to help!
So, what kinds of things might we do together?
My clients most often come to me with one (or more) of four different requests.
Take a look and see which of these sounds like you!
I'm in one of those "between times" in life where who I thought I was is falling away and some very Big Questions are rearing up for me...
Help me get a fresh perspective on who I am, who I am becoming, and how I'm supposed to figure out what to do next!
You'd think at some point we'd all get used to the intense groundlessness that accompanies the 'between times,' right?
After all, we all find ourselves back in that liminal gap - that void space - over and over again each time our lives bring us to a place of restart - between school and work, between one project/job/career and another, between dedicated parenting time and 're-entry,' or between career and some version of 'retirement.'
But these 'between times' are not meant to be comfortable, they are meant to challenge us to dig underneath the titles and roles and external trappings that we mistake for "identity" and tap into the deeper truths of our evolving selves.
I work with my clients to nurture their relationship with those deeper, truer selves (even when they are complex and messy and confusing) using the tools in my Creative Constellation system. These resources guide us into exploration around a trio of potent questions:
- "What kind of creator are you?"
- "What are the conditions that support your most joyful and productive creative work?"
- "What are you being called to create next?"
Turns out that focusing on these questions has a way of cutting "like butta" right through the knots you can get yourself into when you are struggling to make sense of yourself and your life.
With the Creative Constellation Framework as a jumping off point, we'll customize our conversations and tailor assignments to address what's emerging for you as we go. Your next chapter is too important for cookie cutter "solutions" - your life is not a problem to be solved. Our work is about sparking insight, listening deeply for patterns, and attending closely to what is true for you.
We'll meet on Zoom or by phone and typically schedule our sessions far enough apart to allow plenty of time for reflection and living into the new self-concepts that arise for you.
You can take it month by month and work with me only as long as feels helpful. I keep my rates affordable and my packages flexible so you aren't locked into anything for any longer than feels right.
Let's start with a free chat, and take it from there! Click here to book an initial conversation.
I'm creative in a bunch of different ways...
Help me make sense of my multiple gifts, stop agonizing over what I'm meant to do, and steer toward a life that feels more satisfying!
If you are creative in multiple ways, the worst thing you can do is keep playing small. The world needs all of your multi-faceted gifts - and you'll never feel satisfied unless you get to express them all - so let's get to work orchestrating a life big enough for who you really are.
No more shoving your complex self into someone else's too-small shoes!
Using my original Creative Constellation Framework as a starting point, we'll work together to clarify who you are as creator so you can stop agonizing over what you're meant to do and start making the contributions you are uniquely designed to make to the healing and evolution of our world. We'll:
- dive right into the juicy intersection of creativity and life purpose,
- map the coordinates of your genius (however complex your genius might be), and
- start trusting the inner navigation system that is already trying to steer you toward a life big enough for who you really are.
Often, my multi-modal creative clients start on their own with the Creative Constellation Starter Kit, then work with me for two to four sessions to expand their understanding of their Constellation and get help decoding its meanings for their life.
I recommend that all new clients begin with free consultation. To start the process, and explore coaching packages, just click here!
I'm committed to a creative project (or a creative practice)...
Help me get out of my own way and get some consistent rhythms going so I can get my thing done without making myself miserable!
See if any of these sound like you...
- You have a writing project that is crying out for sustained attention...but somehow everything else seems to come first.
- You have a lovely studio and the best of intentions....but somehow you never make it over the threshhold.
- You get inspired, start projects, set goals...only to find your focus drifting, your progress stalled, and your frustration with yourself mounting.
I can help.
If you are ready to acknowledge your creative ambitions, deepen your understanding of your own creating process, and face the bracing headwinds of fear as you press forward toward the completion of your creative projects…I can help.
Let's start with some truth: Creating ain’t all effortless flow
Absolutely, the work of creating brings some wonderful moments: the exhilarating rush of inspiration, the boundless joy of surfing a glorious wave of creative flow… But let’s be honest. The work of creating brings different kinds of moments, too. You know, like:
- the deep discomfort of ambiguity and uncertainty,
- the hard work of thinking (and the sticky tar pits of over-thinking)
- the heavy burden of perfectionism,
- the gelatinous goo of resistance,
- the anxiety of commitment without guarantees,
- the fear of self-revelation,
- the painful inner battle of procrastination,
- the shockingly high hurdle that magically rises from nowhere when completion is near,
- and the dread of critical judgement.
(HOT TIP: If this list doesn’t ring any bells, I suspect you might not really need a creativity coach. If bells are a-ringin' – read on.)
So yes, creative work is demanding in unique ways… and when you lack the support you need or the skills to work through or with these challenges, you can find yourself stuck in places that feel really crappy, depressing, and diminishing to your spirit.
The right kind of support can make all the difference.
As an artist, a writer, and a certified Creativity Coach, I’ve spent decades accumulating a toolkit of ways to strengthen the specific muscles needed for sustained creative work.
Together we’ll customize an approach which can include:
- exercises for building self-trust and creative confidence
- experiments with the habits and mind-sets that support continuous forward movement
- testing strategies for managing your fear and creative anxiety
- setting mini-milestones and identifying itty bitty next steps
- playful approaches to help you stay loose so you can be 10% bolder and braver
We work together by phone or on Zoom to define both process goals (what do you want the experience of creating to feel like?) and product goals (what do you want to create?)
You set a pace that works for you, and I support you in honoring your commitments to your creative work.
You have someone in your corner who cares deeply and specifically about who you are as a creator.
You take away skills and mindsets that you'll use for the rest of your creating life.
To learn more particulars about my work with writers, click HERE.
Results may include...
- the ability to step off the perfectionism/defeatism see saw
- discovery of an escape hatch from the battlefield between will-power and won’t-power
- stuck periods that are shorter and way less painful
- increased creative confidence
- the ability to persevere gently
- new skill at organizing time and space in ways that support creative momentum
- the ability to embrace completion as a practice
- a positive relationship with helpful inner voices that speak with both firmness and compassion
- appreciation for what's really happening in fallow times when nothing seems to be cooking
- new ways to manage an overabundance of ideas/inspirations
- sustained clarity of vision
- deep pride in your creative accomplishments
Ready to stay accountable to your highest intentions for your creative life?
I'm a life/leadership/creativity coach or other practitioner of healing, growth, and change and I'm always looking for great tools to use with my clients...
Help me learn to use the Creative Constellation Framework in my practice!
If you are helping clients come to understand themselves as creators in their lives, or recover their sense of identity, purpose and direction, the Creative Constellation framework and tools are a vital resource.
Working with the Creative Constellation materials can help your clients reclaim and recover lost parts of themselves, and pinpoint the areas where they want to enrich their relationships with their creativity.
I consult with practitioners on ways to incorporate the Creative Constellation resources into your practice. I can answer your questions about particular tools, give you ideas for how to use them, and serve as a great sounding board as you think through ways to support your clients in taking ownership of their lives as creators and sharing their gifts with the world more fully and more joyfully.
A Quick Recap
Here's the deal: You are a unique creator with gifts that only you can bring to the world, and we need what you've got to help us all move forward.
None of us have to do it all, but the world is calling all of us to stop playing small, get over our stuckness, and start contributing all we've got to the evolution and healing of our planet and our fellow humans.
If you are excited about working with me on any of the four requests I've outlined here (or whatever mix of them is most pressing for you), there are just four steps you need to take next!
1. Book a free 30 minute chat so we can begin to get to know each other, answer any questions you have, and get a sense of whether we're a good fit.
2. Download the consultation packet and take some time to look it over.
3. After we chat, you can decide whether you'd like to begin with a single session, or book your first month of sessions. (Each month of coaching you purchase, you can decide whether you'd prefer 4 X 30 minute sessions or 2 X 60 minute sessions).
4. Purchase your sessions and away we go!
Let's get you all lined up to create what you are here to create, shall we?