I design and facilitate engaging and effective learning experiences for adults.
Whether your goal is to expand awareness, build skills, inspire action, change practice, or build an ongoing learning community, I can help.
With over 25 years’ experience as a university educator, organization development consultant, workshop facilitator, and freelance learning designer, I am steeped in the theory and practice of adult learning and bring a potent combination of analytical rigor, technical skill, artistry and intuition to my work.
My collaborative working style and warm professionalism has enabled me to successfully serve a wide array of non-profit organizations, public agencies, and creative entrepreneurs in fields from health care and human services to social change and personal development.
Whether I'm developing in-person or online learning experiences for leadership teams, staff groups, grassroots community members, or other facilitator/trainers, I have a knack for finding a clear, simple, and accessible way to organize and present even the most complex material.
CONTACT SARA@SARASALTEE.COM OR CALL 360-320-1677
“the class was concise, well organized, easy to follow and the facilitator magnificent.”
“…world-class facilitation and organization!”
"Sara is a polished presenter, educator and facilitator."
Recent Clients Include:
- Association of Washington Public Health Districts (AWPHD)
- Bea Dixon Consulting
- The Center for Partnership Studies
- Municipal Research Services Center (MRSC)
- Orca Partners Consulting
- Rae Dental Management
- Senior Services Island County
- Swedish Medical Centers
- WorkSource Seattle - King County (in collaboration with Donna Vaudrin Associates)
Some recent projects:
I work collaboratively with clients through all phases of custom learning design, from needs assessment to program evaluation and refinement
- Train-the-trainer programs
- Instructor-led trainings in classroom-based and online formats
- Self-paced training programs
- Curriculum design for multi-session courses
- Presentation slides and scripts
- Supporting materials including handouts, worksheets, and guidebooks
- Process-design for group activities
- Direct facilitation
- Coaching of in-house facilitators
Hallmarks of my work include:
- tailored to your priority learning outcomes
- well-structured, well-paced, and easy-to-follow
- beautifully-designed materials that balance graphic appeal and clarity of content
- thoughtful incorporation of ways to build on the wisdom that adult learners bring to the table
- creative activities and discussion prompts that spark new thinking
- supported opportunities to practice new skills and apply new language or concepts
- learner-generated content whenever possible
- clear, responsive communication throughout the life of a project
“The organization of the course, the library and the superb videos were all top-notch. As a former teacher, I say - Brava! And as a student and seeker, I say - thanks for a truly memorable experience.”
“The information provided was clear and compelling. The graphics were helpful. The session was well facilitated, on time and welcoming.”
“I thought it was a perfect training program.”