Exploring the Spiral Galaxy of Creating
November 14 and 29
In this 2-hour live interactive webinar, Creativity Coach Sara Saltee will show how her "Spiral Galaxy of Creating" model makes visible the challenging terrain that you can expect to encounter as you journey into the creating process (no matter what kind of creator you are!).
Whether you are wanting to create a work of art, a novel, a business, a garden, or a richly satisfying life, the Spiral Galaxy model offers a powerful, practical visual map of the journey you will be undertaking.
When we shift our attention from the idea of "creativity" as a gift or talent and toward "creating" as a process, we can begin to understand that each of us has a unique relationship to the universal dynamics of creating.
Creating is not meant to be easy or effortless; it is meant to be a fully-engaging process through which we evolve ourselves and move the world forward. But the challenges of creating are meant to be satisfying and meaningful. Understanding the fundamental dynamics of creating as a process empowers you to grapple with the built-in ups and downs of the creating experience without getting stuck or turning back. You'll learn where the most common crisis points are and see which ones you are most likely to get hung up on.
- discover the seven core practices that spark and sustain creative momentum,
- explore four distinct spaces within the creating journey
- find out what The Void is how to tell when you are in it, and why so many other creativity experts leave it out
- learn to anticipate and find your way through five predictable "crisis points" in creating.
- see how fear and resistance operate as a headwind that all creators must learn to lean into - and find out exactly what happens when fear flips us into the dreaded backward spiral of un-creating. (Spoiler: It's not good.)
- A recording of the session for playback
- he session slides
- a special surprise!
Two Dates to Choose from:
Tuesday November 14 @ 10 am Pacific Time/ 1:00 Eastern Time
Wednesday November 29 @ 5 pm Pacific Time/ 8 pm Eastern Time
(Outside US time zones? Just enter your time zone when you register to see the conversion.)
“I can’t say enough about Sara Saltee’s very exciting work, and her approach to understanding one’s creativity. Sara has developed a way to describe how many of us are multi-modal creatives in our lives and work. Her model has helped me to think about which of my creative modes I draw upon; which sometimes get in my way, and which I’ve not nourished and want to focus on again.” - Kathleen Landel
Learn about the other webinars in the Fall, 2017 Series
How Are You Creative? The Question We Forget to Ask
October 17 & 25
Finding Your Creative Constellation
November 2 & 7