About Sara Saltee
Sara Saltee lives and works on beautiful Whidbey Island, Washington, where she enjoys a large and lively extended family, a very dear husband and daughter, and the magnificent natural beauty of the Salish Sea.
As a Creativity Coach, she works one-on-one with writers. visual artists, and multi-modal creatives to support them in completing creative work they are proud of, and designing lives that honor the full array of their creative constellations. She also gives talks and leads workshops based on her Creative Constellations Project.
As a Facilitator, she draws on 25+ years experience as an adult learning specialist to design and deliver engaging learning experiences in both online and non-virtual settings. Her creativity webinars and workshops feature rich original content shared in a warm and inclusive style.
As an Artist, she creates collages and assemblages that reflect and explore a fascination with themes of identity, nurturance, and freedom.
Sara is a multi-modal creative with a constellation that includes Uplifter, Designer, Maker, Thinker, Analyst, Refiner, and Interpreter (check out the Creative Constellation Project to find your own Creative Constellation) so, not surprisingly, her professional life does not have a ladder-shaped trajectory. Her professional pursuits have included:
- Director of Leadership and Learning Programs for Riane Eisler's Center for Partnership Studies. Based on the work of internationally best-selling author and feminist activist Riane Eisler, Sara designed and facilitates online programs that have reached hundreds of students from 18 different countries and most of the United States, providing concepts and tools that enable participants to advocate for a caring economy and become leaders in the global cultural shift away from traditions of domination and towards systems of partnership.
- Freelance editor and content designer. Sara helped consultants, coaches, speakers, and other professionals create dynamic information products and training programs that effectively communicate their expertise to target audiences. Collaborated with clients to develop and refine slide presentations and scripts, workbooks, toolkits and reports, as well as web-copy, e-books, newsletters and articles.
- Organization development and strategic planning consultant with Strategic Learning Resources, specializing in qualitative data gathering and analysis, community-based planning processes, and adult learning design for public agencies and not-for-profit organizations. Sara worked in-house with SLR for 5 years, and continues on a contract basis. Clients have included King County Library System, Bainbridge Graduate Institute, City of Redmond, Island County Public Health, King County Information Technology, Lake Washington Technical College, Snohomish Health District, Washington State Department of Corrections, and Washington Dental Service Foundation.
- Adjunct Faculty in Communication and English at Regis University and Front Range Community College in Colorado. Taught classroom-based and online courses including: Mass Media and Society, Communication Theory, Leadership Principles, Intercultural Communication, Organizational Communication, Research Methods, Composition, Creative Non-fiction, and Research Writing.
- Faculty Advisor at Regis University and Front Range Community College, working with adult students to design and complete an educational pathway aligned with their personal and professional goals.
- Writing Instructor at UC San Diego's Muir College Writing Program.
Certified Creativity Coach, 2003
Eric Maisel Training Program (now run through the Creativity Coaching Association)
Doctoral Candidate in Communication, 1996
University of California, San Diego
M.A. in Communication, 1993
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology & Anthropology, 1990
Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA