What kind of creator are you?
NEWS & EVENTS
- MAR 24, 31, April 14, 21 Join Sara for a four-session online workshop, Exploring Your Creative Constellation. Meets online for live Friday sessions, 10 am - 12 pm PDT. Offered in partnership with the Center for Partnership Studies. Cost: $175. Register before March 10 and get a $20 early bird discount with code serene.
- APR 22 The Imperfection Option half-day workshop at Blueschool Arts in Clinton, WA. 9 am - 1 pm.
- JUNE Assemblage show at Cafe Lulu in Seattle, WA. Opening date TBD.
- AUG 26 & 27, Whidbey Island Studio Tour. Stop by Blueschool Arts in Clinton to tour my studio, see new work, and meet all the fabulous Blueschool Artists.
- SEPT 16, 23, 30 Introduction to Assemblage Art: Hands-on Workshop at Blueschool Arts in Clinton, WA.
Get the scoop on upcoming classes and workshops
Shop for all things Creative Constellation: cards, e-books and more!
Browse Sara's original collage and assemblage art
Featured Blog Posts
It took the aftermath of a deeply imperfect public performance to remind me how important it is to change the channel on perfectionistic mental chatter. Turns out, your drive to perfect may be baked into your smart, creative self, but the agony of perfectionism doesn't have to be.
Take a tour of a new Sara Saltee assemblage "God is Voluptuous and Delicious," a cheeky celebration of the divine feminine. She's asserting herself hugely these days (perhaps you've noticed a weensy touch of backlash?) and she Will Have Her Way.
In honor of Valentine's Day, let's celebrate a form of love that too often goes unsung: the generative love of a creator for her creations. (Is there a card for that?)
Are you finding that the pressure to rise up and help our imperiled country and world is ratcheting up your inner conflicts and self-doubts? You are not alone! Here's how to continue seeking your authentic genius even as you act in good-enough ways today.
In this week of marches and pussy hats, let's embrace activism as a distinct form of creativity! Find out what it means to activate your inner Disruptor and explore how strengthening this star might impact the rest of your personal creative constellation.
Welcome to the guided tour of Vision Test for America: 2016, a recently completed assemblage that speaks to my hopes for our country. And we're walking, and we're walking, and we're stopping...
As you gird your loins to face the year ahead, please don't abandon the creative practices that keep you strong and centered and whole. Here's three good reasons why now is EXACTLY the right time to continue the work of your soul. (Need a fourth reason? How about 'are you really going to let those fuckers silence your heart'?)
What's the connection between garbage, Autumn, and creativity? And what can it teach us about ways to think about the scary orange-faced monster who is looming over our collective landscape this fall? Sara's got some thoughts.
In which Sara is encouraged to articulate the deep beliefs and values underlying the Creative Constellation Project, and does so against the guidance of the lesser angels of her nature.
What happens when things don't go to plan? Does it have to be an occasion for teeth gnashing and self-flagellation? Two lovely nuggets of wisdom to help keep your planning loose and your plans in perspective. Also - a word of gratitude to everyone who came to visit on the Whidbey Working Artists Open Studio Tour.